Well hello August report! How is the year going so fast! August was an interesting month that’s for sure. I was made redundant from my full time job, my parents split up 😦 and I decided to stop trying to conceive (for the moment, not forever). It’s been a bit of a difficult month.
Below is the breakdown of my spending by category as well as the relative % of my total spend. In the last column I’ve added the difference in comparison to last months spend on that category. If there’s a red cross the spend has gone up since last month, if there’s a green tick the spend has gone down. The star means no difference.
Ignore the – on items, it’s how I work it out in excel.
- Gifts includes a baby shower, 2 fathers day gifts (dad & step dad) and 1 birthday
- Auto & Transport was large because I paid for 1 year car registration as well as my license renewal.
- There was 5 Fridays this month so I paid for 1 more week of rent then I normally would.
- Personal care included a haircut/style. My first one in about 2 years.
- My quarterly utility bills came this month: Gas, Electricity & Hot Water
- I don’t count savings as ‘spending’ so the total is everything minus that.
In August I saved $1,052, not the best but still not too bad. My total savings became $4,720 out of the current goal of $6,000. Up to 68% complete now!
Since I’ve seen so many posts lately on Instagram about superannuation I thought I would start to include this in my reports so I can watch it grow.
This is a chart of the data I could find on my Hostplus account which I only opened in December 2017. My current balance is sitting at just over $46,000 which I think is pretty good for a 28 year old who has never contribute extra into it.
How was August for you?