OMG this year has gone so far. I’ve had a few newbies join my Instagram and blog lately so for those of you who haven’t visited me before (welcome) this is a quick breakdown of what I go over in each monthly report: my spending, savings, credit score & superannuation. For last months report see here.
Below is the breakdown of my spending by category as well as the relative % of my total spend. November was quite an expensive month… I’m really not surprised considering I received my payout in October (I was made redundant)
|Auto & Transport||16%||$871|
|Shopping & Entertainment||15.2%||$847|
|Groceries, Dining & Take-away||8.5%||$784|
|Utilities & Phone||10.6%||$574|
|Health & Medical||5.2%||$247|
- The ‘shopping & entertainment’ category is quite high for November. Due to receiving my redundancy payout I spent more money then I normally would have. It was the highest spend (aside from October) since January
- During November I had some dental work done for $196
- Personal care includes my gym membership and a quick haircut/eyebrow wax
- Health is my health insurance and medications
- Insurance is my Home & Contents Insurance
- My utility bills for Electricity, Gas and Hot Water were due in November (I pay them quarterly)
- Auto & Transport was high because I had my car serviced
During October I received my redundancy payout and it was split between ‘savings’ and a ‘4 month Emergency Fund’. I lived on the 4 month Emergency Fund until I got a new job at the end of October. I’ve still got the original $2,000 Emergency Fund as well. During November I didn’t manage to save any money. I’m hoping to start contributing to the savings fund again when I get my first full monthly pay in December.
From October to November my score didn’t move from 692 on Credit Savvy. Although it appeared to drop from 760 to 748 on Get Credit Score. The only thing I can think of that would have changed my score was that I changed electricity providers and I know they run a credit check.
I’ve started to more closely track my Super. My current balance is $45,478. It went down in the last month which i’m not sure I’ve seen happen before. I think this was due to be changing the investment type, I’ve changed it back to Index Balance on recommendations from The Barefoot Investor.
I bought my first shares in November! I’m so excited, it’s been one of my goals for a long time to get into the share market. I bought $5,000 worth of Vanguard ETFs. I still need to do more reading on the market before I do my next purchase.
How was November for you?
Let me know if there is anything else you want to see in these reports!