The last year has gone so fast. I’ve had a few newbies join my Instagram and blog lately so for those of you who haven’t visited me before (welcome), this is a quick breakdown of what I go over in each monthly report:
- my spending
- credit score
For last months report see here.
Below is the breakdown of my spending by category as well as the relative % of my total spend.
- Gifts & donations includes Christmas gifts as well as birthday gifts for my sister, nephew, and cousin. I was within my budgeted amount for Christmas.
- During November I had to pay more for housing because I moved and had to pay two rent bills for a few weeks. I moved in with a friend though so over time my rent bill will decrease.
- Moving category is the cost of the hire truck and a new shower head from Bunnings to replace the old one.
- Personal care includes my gym membership
- Health is my health insurance and medications
- Insurance is my Home & Contents Insurance
- My utility bill was for my mobile phone. It was low due to the fact I still had previous employee discounts on my account. This was the last month that I was able to receive those.
- Auto & Transport includes petrol, public transport etc.
Savings & Investments
During December I put $650 towards my savings. This wasn’t much but with moving and Christmas costs I think it’s still pretty good. My aim for January is $1,000. Come back soon to find out if I hit that target. I’m currently not entirely sure what I’m saving for. I do want to buy a house but I also have dreams of having a tiny home as I like moving around. I’m hesitant about buying and having to stay in one place. I’d love to know your thoughts on that?
My savings progress is below:
My initial investment in ETF’s is finally back above what I bought them for. I’ve seen an increase of almost $100 so I’m happy with that given how the share market recently went down. It seems to be repairing now. I haven’t learnt enough about shares to do another investment.
From October to November my score didn’t move from 692 on Credit Savvy. Although it appeared to drop from 760 to 748 on Get Credit Score. The only thing I can think of that would have changed my score was that I changed electricity providers and I know they run a credit check.
I’ve started to more closely track my Super. My current balance (as of 17/12/18) is $45,076. It went down a little bit more from last month. I think this was due to me changing the investment type.
How was December for you?
Let me know if there is anything else you want to see in these reports!